Thursday 29 August 2013

Sample Post 1


The first semester this year

During the first semester I studied plenty of things. I studied languages (Spanish, English and Portuguese) because I love learning languages but sometimes I can’t find all the time I’d like to have to study Russian or Italian. Also, because of my job as a tour guide, I studied wilderness first aid, the History of Chile, and the History of native people together with the flora and fauna in the different regions. And I learnt about inclusive tourism and the kinds of disabilities such as hearing, cognitive, physical and visual disability.
In my free time, I practiced yoga and only a bit of capoeira but in terms of sports I climbed many hills in Santiago mostly. As I love photography, I took lots of pictures in the marches during the first semester and outdoors when we were in the mountain, and I read about inclusive projects round the world, trekking and I practiced singing.
The first half of this year, I had more challenges than problems. The most important challenge was to create our own tourism company and work as a guide. The other challenge in terms of teaching was to have for the first time a course at DETUCH. Before, I’d taught at FACSO, ICEI or INAP but teaching Scenography students has been a great experience because I love meeting people and I’ve learnt a lot about this career and its needs.

On the other hand, I can’t pretend there’s nothing going on in the city I live because it affects everybody in various ways. I feel sad and mad about all the unfair situations people live, especially students, mapuches, workers and people from other regions. There are many things I can’t understand but the worst and something everybody who’s involved should solve soon are pollution and fundamental social rights.

No comments:

Post a Comment